Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas in the Service of Christ

Christmas dinner
We had a great Christmas dinner with the Waddells. It was like a Thanksgiving dinner. we got to talk to there son that is on a mission in Alaska. I think he has been out for five or six months. It was so nice to talk to you guys and y'all are growing up so fast. I loved that Christmas was on a Sunday, the spirit was strong and some of our investigators came to church for the first time which was really great. That was funny with all the clues that you gave for the mystery family gift.
The Work
Yesterday we went back and saw Ryan he is a person that we tracted into last Friday and gave him a plan of salvation pamphlet, we came back yesterday and saw him, he loved it and we found out that his dad passed away two weeks ago, We talked him about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and he said he would start reading it and we set a baptismal date with him for january 21 and he accepted. Know we have 6 baptisms that are in January, that is double the baptisms I have had so far on my mission, we are going to set another one tomorrow, so it will be 7 baptisms. I love this area and it is growing so much, I am so grateful to serve for the Lord. Seeing how the gospel changes people. That is pretty much what has happened since I have talked to you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment