Sunday, November 4, 2012

A New Missionary


Training
Yeah I got my greenie companion on Tuesday. His name is Elder Gagnon it is a french name. He is from Pocatello Idaho. He is a really great elder the MTC taught him really well. Actually it seems like he is teaching me more than me to him. I am showing him around the area and getting to know the people. Yeah we are still in the same area. I will be in this area at least until December 18. He went to shcool for a year in Idaho. He also sold pest control the past two summers in California and Missouri. He is used to the humidity and talking to people which that is really good. Yeah there was 17 new missionaries that came from the MTC but 10 missionaries from here left home. We are getting a lot more next transfer. Our mission will be very young. This past week was slow because we tried to see a lot of people but everyone is not home.
Investigators
Last night we covered a lot of ground with one of our investigators. Julian we read from the bible about baptism then it led into the sacrament, then into the spirit which took most of the time which was good. From our talk know he knows what he is looking for when he prays and when he reads the book of mormon. The spirit was so strong. I think he is going to be progressing a lot more. We have a goal for this transfer of getting two baptisms and I think we can do it. There is a lot people that the lord has prepared we just need to give them a little push towards that direction. We are going to have a great transfer. we found some more potentials this past week so we are excited to go back and see them this week. There is nothing much else going on. But besides training a new elder. even our mission president said that this is the most important position on a mission. There is so much that has to go into training, It can be hard at times but it is worth it and I know that I will grow a lot from it.

IMG_0124.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment